Been very frustrated with art, work, programs, and anxious over not getting enough done tonight. Time to buckle down and get more work done. PRINT TIME.
First of all, thank you for existing because you’re awesome and you’ve helped me help with bills around here.
I wanted to just cover a few things about my life habits so you understand what to expect when talking to me via skype, tumblr, etc.
- Sometimes for commissions, I get a huge project that involves a logo or a brand for some sort of artwork that is going to be used to recognize the project. In these cases, I have to consider a contract of rights distribution. You cannot reprint my artwork on any product to re-sell without this contract being written up and signed at the time of purchase. If you want to resell the artwork on t-shirts or other merchandise, you cannot do so without this contract. Please take that into consideration before you purchase!
- I go by Shrine. I appreciate that some folks like being on a first name basis with the artist doing work for them. My name is Hannah and while I’m okay with my name I go by Shrine online and I’m far more comfortable being addressed as such.
- I’m almost always at my PC. I do all work, networking, and socializing through it. As a result of this though, I’m usually a bit distracted. So I might not get your Deviantart note, email, tumblr message, skype contact request, etc immediately. I’m not trying to snub you or come across as ignoring you, I promise. I’m just busy with multiple things.
- I’m generally not very comfortable with voice chat unless I’ve had extensive conversations with you. This isn’t personal, it’s the result of having really bad social anxiety.
- I work a lot. Not just on commissions but personal art, personal projects, prints, etc. Aside from that, my friends take up a lot of my time. This isn’t in a “Let’s gab about silly stuff” kind of way (though we do on occasion) but in a “I need help with a problem” kind of way. I do a lot of counseling. So, if I vanish on you? It could be something really serious going on. I’ll usually explain when I come back to you.
- My sleep cycle shifts around a lot. Some nights I go to bed at midnight, others I’m not in bed til nine in the morning. I usually wake up in the afternoon (perks of working at home). So often, when you’re checking in on your commission I’ve only been up for a few hours. This sometimes changes when I’m awake in the mornings for errands or appointments which happens 1-2 days every two weeks or so.
- I don’t do commissions for free. I have bills to cover and groceries to buy and art’s my only form of income. I’m sorry if you don’t have enough money to buy a commission. I know that sucks, I’ve been there. But please respect that this is my job. This is how I make my living. Help me help you, since all together, we’re providing each other a service. You need my artwork for something that is important and personal to you, and I need your money for things that are personal and important to me.
Again, thank you guys for reading and understanding. You’re all wonderful.